NISOD’s annual conference is the “must-attend” event for community and technical college educators!
NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence is the definitive gathering of community and technical college educators passionate about teaching and learning. Over the years, NISOD’s annual conference has provided faculty, administrators, and staff with the resources, ideas, and solutions that drive excellence in all areas of community and technical college campuses. Come and be inspired by thought-provoking sessions and pre-conference seminars designed specifically for community and technical college educators committed to improving student achievement. With more than 300 sessions in a variety of focus areas and formats presented by your colleagues from across the nation and internationally, you’ll walk away with dozens of ideas you can implement immediately!
NISOD is excited to announce new conference tracks. The conference has always evolved in response to new challenges and opportunities facing community and technical colleges. The new tracks, related to the conference’s major theme of improving student achievement, set a new standard for providing research and solutions that shape the future of teaching and learning.
- Career and Technical Education, Apprenticeships, and Internships
- College Readiness, Remediation, ESL, and First-Generation Students
- Competency-Based Education and Other Alternate Credentialing Strategies
- Contemporary and Progressive Teaching, Counseling, and Advising Strategies
- Emerging Issues and Trends at Community and Technical Colleges
- Entrepreneurship, Strategic Alliances, and Collaborations
- Evidence and Inquiry, Predictive Analytics, and Other Data Considerations
- Faculty Hiring, Development, Support, and Governance
- Guided Pathways and Other Completion and Transfer Efforts
- Improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Libraries, Makerspaces, Fablabs, and Other Active-Learning Sites
- Using Technology to Improve Student and Organizational Outcomes
NISOD is transitioning to a paperless conference program by our 2020 conference. For our 2018 conference, only session titles will be included in the conference program. Full conference session descriptions can be found in our app, which can be downloaded here. In addition, we will also upload a printable PDF to the conference’s website closer to the event dates that participants can download and print.
What Others Are Saying
Excellence Award recipients who attend the conference gain energy and ideas for enhancing their teaching and support of our students, making them even better than they already were. When they bring these new ideas and enthusiasm back to the College, we all benefit.
—John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D., President, Harrisburg Area Community College
The conference was excellent. I learned so many innovative things!
—Caroline Hutch, Confederation College
I had a great time with wonderful people and great sessions.
—Chery Cardoza, Truckee Meadows Community College
The conference was excellent, with so many great sessions to attend.
—Mark Haskins, Pierce College