Ways to Engage With NISOD
NISOD’s mission is to improve teaching and learning by providing extraordinary professional development for faculty, administrators, and staff, with the ultimate goal of increasing student success. Improve your teaching and your students’ experience with NISOD’s extraordinary resources! The more you engage, the more benefits you, your students, and your college will reap. Below are ways you can engage and be more involved with NISOD.
- Enjoy articles written by and for community and technical college practitioners.
- Discover the best ideas about programs, projects, and strategies that improve student learning and engagement.
- Access the publication from the members-only section of our website.
- Find something for everyone—Innovation Abstracts offers a wide array of topics to spark you and your colleagues’ interest!
- Heighten your visibility among your peers and enhance your own professional development.
- Begin by reviewing our Writing an Innovation Abstracts page to learn how to share your experience and expertise with other community and technical college educators.
NISOD’s Virtual Events include monthly Webinars, Online Convenings, and Virtual Workshops. These events provide opportunities to learn from and engage with colleagues from community and technical colleges across the U.S. and beyond! Participants gain access to top-notch presentations from leaders in their field and the flexibility to return to the recorded presentations at any time.
NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence is the definitive gathering of community and technical college educators passionate about teaching and learning. Over the years, NISOD’s annual conference has provided faculty, administrators, and staff with the resources, ideas, and solutions that drive excellence in all areas of community and technical college campuses. Come and be inspired by thought-provoking sessions and Preconference Seminars designed specifically for community and technical college educators committed to improving student achievement. With more than 300 sessions in a variety of focus areas and formats presented by your colleagues from across the world, you’ll walk away with dozens of ideas you can implement immediately.
Students at NISOD member colleges can win $1,000 and other prizes by describing a faculty member, staff member, or administrator who encouraged them to complete a course, finish a semester, or graduate from college and how that encouragement helped them reach their goal(s).
Student Graphic Design Contest
Students at NISOD member colleges can win $1,000 and other prizes by designing the official Conference Program cover for NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence, the definitive gathering of community and technical college faculty, administrators, and staff seeking best and promising practices designed to improve student achievement.
The NISOD Papers, an occasional publication, is NISOD’s version of a white paper series that educates our audience or explains a particular issue relevant to community and technical college educators. The NISOD Papers covers an array of diverse topics: professional development, emerging technologies, crisis communication, education reform, and more. It complements NISOD’s weekly Innovation Abstracts, which focuses on teaching and learning topics and is directed specifically toward faculty members.
Access our exclusive Resource Library for archives of the following benefits.
- Publications: Looking for articles about a specific topic? Educators at NISOD member colleges can search 30+ years’ worth of archives of Innovation Abstracts, Celebrations, and Partner Voice.
- NISOD Conference Highlights: Watch videos of past keynote presentations and selected special sessions from NISOD’s annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence.
- NISOD Excellence Awards Videos: Looking for ways to liven up faculty orientation sessions, welcome-back-to-school events, or special recognition ceremonies? Look no further. NISOD Excellence Awards videos are archived for use by member colleges.
- NISOD Webinar Archives: Not able to attend a live webinar event? Our webinars are archived for our members to view anytime from any internet-ready computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Repository of NISODcasts: NISODcasts are short conversations that provide a great way to explore expert opinions on diverse topics from the comfort of any internet-ready computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Whether it’s news, information, advice, insights, or resources, NISOD’s Weekly Digest is designed to inform and inspire community and technical college educators as they serve their students, colleagues, and communities. Each issue contains recent news, reports, articles, and events geared toward community and technical college educators.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on NISOD happenings.