Ways to Engage With NISOD
NISOD’s mission is to improve teaching and learning by providing extraordinary professional development for faculty, administrators, and staff, with the ultimate goal of increasing student success. Below are ways you can engage and be more involved with NISOD.
BECOME ACTIVELY INVOLVED WITH NISOD!
Improve your teaching and your students’ experience with NISOD’s extraordinary resources. The more you engage, the more benefits you, your students, and your college will reap.
Sign Up for NISODirect
Until recently, NISOD benefit and resource communique were only sent to each member college’s NISOD liaison, who were to distribute them across their respective colleges. NISOD now offers all faculty, staff, and administrators at member colleges the opportunity to sign up to directly receive information about membership benefits and resources. We strongly encourage you to visit www.nisod.org/NISODirect to sign up to directly receive information about your NISOD benefits.
Read Innovation Abstracts – NISOD’s Flagship Publication
- Enjoy articles written by and for community and technical college practitioners.
- Discover the best ideas about programs, projects, and strategies that improve student learning and engagement.
- Access the publication from the members-only section of our website.
- Find something for everyone—Innovation Abstracts offers a wide array of topics to spark your and your colleagues’ interest!
Write an Innovation Abstracts
- Take advantage of the opportunity to share thoughtful and inspirational insights into the excellent programs taking place on your campus.
- Heighten your visibility among your peers and enhance your own professional development.
- Begin the process by reviewing our author guidelines to learn how to share your experience and expertise with other community and technical college educators!
Participate in NISOD’s Monthly Webinar Series
- Learn about best practices and cutting-edge research related to effective teaching—wherever you have internet access.
- Interact with colleagues and leaders at community and technical colleges and other experts in the field.
- Take away objectives that are action-oriented, measurable, and learning-focused to help you improve your teaching techniques for online, hybrid, blended, and face-to-face courses!
Present Your Ideas at NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence
- Share your best ideas about important issues facing today’s community and technical colleges.
- Enhance your knowledge while engaging with peers from the U.S and beyond.
- Submit an idea for a breakout session, roundtable discussion, or preconference seminar here.
Keep Abreast of the Latest News With NISOD’s Weekly Digest (for members and nonmembers).
- Read about recent news, reports, articles, and events geared toward community and technical college educators.
- Enjoy the convenience of outstanding content delivered directly to your inbox every Monday.
- Better serve your students, colleagues, and communities with up-to-date news you and they can use.
Get The NISOD Papers, an occasional publication dedicated to topics of interest to community and technical college educators (for members and nonmembers).
- Read “whitepapers” devoted to explaining issues of relevance to educators, staff, and administrators.
- Be informed by facts and experiences about other community and technical college professionals.
Connect With NISOD Through Social Media
- Follow NISOD on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Participate in peer-to-peer discussions, receive useful content, and stay abreast of what’s happening with NISOD and community and technical colleges around the world!
A WIDE ARRAY OF MEMBERS-ONLY BENEFITS
Access our exclusive members-only section of the NISOD website for a plethora of information, communications, and other benefits.
- Publications: Looking for articles about a specific topic? Educators at NISOD-member colleges can search 30+ years’ worth of archives of Innovation Abstracts, Celebrations, and Partner Voice.
- NISOD Conference Highlights: Watch videos of past keynote presentations and selected special sessions from NISOD’s annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence.
- NISOD Excellence Awards Videos: Looking for ways to liven up faculty orientation sessions, welcome-back-to-school events, or special recognition ceremonies? Look no further. NISOD Excellence Awards videos are archived for use by member colleges.
- NISOD Webinar Archives: Not able to attend a live webinar event? Our webinars are archived for our members to view anytime from any internet-ready computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Repository of NISODcasts: NISODcasts are short conversations that provide a great way to explore expert opinions on diverse topics from the comfort of any internet-ready computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Visit our website often to take advantage of the many outstanding campuswide benefits included in your college’s NISOD membership!
Is Your College a Member?
If not . . .
It Can Join NISOD Today!
Complete our Online Membership Form
or call us at (512) 471-7545
to start your college’s membership today!