NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence is the definitive gathering of community and technical college educators passionate about teaching and learning. Over the years, NISOD’s annual conference has provided faculty, administrators, and staff with the resources, ideas, and solutions that drive excellence in all areas of community and technical college campuses. Come and be inspired by thought-provoking sessions and Preconference Seminars designed specifically for community and technical college educators committed to improving student achievement. With more than 300 sessions in a variety of focus areas and formats presented by your colleagues from across the world, you’ll walk away with dozens of ideas you can implement immediately.
The following conference tracks, related to the conference’s major theme of improving student achievement, set a new standard for providing research and solutions that shape the future of teaching and learning.
- Career and Technical Education, Apprenticeships, and Internships
- College Readiness, Remediation, ESL, and First-Generation Students
- Competency-Based Education and Other Alternate Credentialing Strategies
- Contemporary and Progressive Teaching, Counseling, and Advising Strategies
- Emerging Issues and Trends at Community and Technical Colleges
- Entrepreneurship, Strategic Alliances, and Collaborations
- Evidence and Inquiry, Predictive Analytics, and Other Data Considerations
- Faculty Hiring, Development, Support, and Governance
- Guided Pathways and Other Completion and Transfer Efforts
- Improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Libraries, Makerspaces, Fablabs, and Other Active Learning Sites
- Using Technology to Improve Student and Organizational Outcomes
What Others Are Saying
I thoroughly enjoyed my first experience with NISOD. I left even more energized about what I love to do, which is teaching and learning.
—Phyllis D. Adams, Professor, Speech and Theatre, Motlow State Community College
I’m still riding high after my first NISOD conference! From the highly applicable breakout sessions and energetic roundtable discussions to the phenomenal keynote speeches, this is my new “conference home!”, Sean J. Glassberg, Director, Faculty Development, Horry Georgetown Technical College
Excellence Award recipients who attend the conference gain energy and ideas for enhancing their teaching and support of our students, making them even better than they already were. When they bring these new ideas and enthusiasm back to the College, we all benefit.
—John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D., President, Harrisburg Area Community College
This was my first year presenting at NISOD’s annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence and I indeed had a wonderful experience! It was such an honor to have the opportunity to learn and network with such a vast range of education professionals from all over the country. I was able to bring back a wealth of insightful and transformative pedagogical ideas and strategies to my English classroom, which I’m confident will strengthen my teaching approach as I continue to evolve as an English professor in today’s modern classroom.
—Philip R. Jones, Assistant Professor, English, Texas Southern University
I had a great time with wonderful people and great sessions.
—Chery Cardoza, Truckee Meadows Community College