NISOD invites students at NISOD-member colleges to participate in the Student Graphic Design Contest and design the official Conference Program for NISOD’s 2024 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence, the definitive gathering of community and technical college faculty, administrators, and staff seeking best and promising practices designed to improve student achievement.
Liaisons/Staff/Faculty: Use the following flyers to announce the contest at your college: Student Graphic Design Contest | Combined Student Contest Flyer
The winning student artist will receive:
- $1,000 USD
- Travel to the International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence (May 27-30, 2023 in Austin, Texas), which includes:
- Up to $400 USD toward travel to Austin, Texas;
- Up to three (3) nights lodging (Saturday, Sunday, Monday nights only);
- One (1) complimentary conference registration.
In addition, each winning student’s college will receive a complimentary one-year NISOD membership.
- Contest opens: August 19, 2022
- Submission deadline: March 3, 2023
- Winner notified: March 24, 2023
- Winner acceptance due: March 31, 2023
- Winner’s photo due: April 7, 2023
- Winning artwork unveiled at NISOD conference: May 29, 2023
Suggested Theme and Style Guidelines
We are looking for artwork with interesting, fun, bold, fresh, colorful, original, and modern images, yet which honors the legacy of NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence. Keep in mind that the winning artwork will become the 2024 Conference Program front cover, and must also be easily applicable to advertising, brochures, and other applications. If you choose to use community and technical college educators in an illustrated format, our preferences are faculty members in classroom settings. No recognizable students, faculty, administrators, and staff are permitted.
Elements That Must Be Included in the Design
- NISOD’s name and logo (download various formats below)
- “International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence” (Note: “Teaching and Leadership Excellence” should be more prominent than “International Conference on” if using different font sizes.)
- “May 25-May 28, 2024”
- “Austin, Texas”
What NOT to Include
- Do not use images such as armadillos, cacti, longhorns.
- No recognizable images of community and technical college students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- No stock images or clip art, except the NISOD logo.
- No copyrighted work.
- No photos.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations, except the NISOD logo.
- Students are strongly encouraged to employ the official NISOD colors in their artwork.
- All submissions must be minimum 8.5″ W x 11″ H and in PDF format.
- Reduce to max file size of 60 MB before submitting.
- If chosen as the winner, your original file must be produced in vector format for ease of duplication (layered Illustrator .eps or .ai file)
Official NISOD Colors
|PMS 1805||PMS 160||PMS 125||PMS 7502||PMS 7495||PMS 7469|
|R: 178 g: 41 b: 46||R: 165 g: 85 b: 28||R: 181 g: 134 b: 45||r: 208 g: 184 b: 136||R: 144 g: 153 b: 63||R: 0 g: 94 b: 134|
How to Enter Your Submission
It is at each member college’s discretion how it determines what artwork is submitted to NISOD for consideration. Interested students are strongly encouraged to contact their NISOD liaison regarding how to participate in this contest. Once your artwork is completed, your college’s NISOD liaison may submit it using the form below or can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 471-7545 for additional information.