NISOD invites students at NISOD-member colleges to participate in the Student Graphic Design Contest and design the official Conference Program for NISOD’s 2023 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence, the definitive gathering of community and technical college faculty, administrators, and staff seeking best and promising practices designed to improve student achievement.
Liaisons/Staff/Faculty: Use the following flyers to announce the contest at your college: Student Graphic Design Contest | Combined Student Contest Flyer
The winning student artist will receive:
- $1,000 USD
- Travel to the International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence (May 27-30, 2023 in Austin, Texas), which includes:
- Up to $400 USD toward travel to Austin, Texas;
- Up to three (3) nights lodging (Saturday, Sunday, Monday nights only);
- One (1) complimentary conference registration.
In addition, each winning student’s college will receive a complimentary one-year NISOD membership.
- Contest opens: August 19, 2022
- Submission deadline: March 3, 2023
- Winner notified: March 24, 2023
- Winner acceptance due: March 31, 2023
- Winner’s photo due: April 7, 2023
- Winning artwork unveiled at NISOD conference: May 29, 2023
Suggested Theme and Style Guidelines
We are looking for artwork with interesting, fun, bold, fresh, colorful, original, and modern images, yet which honors the legacy of NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence. Keep in mind that the winning artwork will become the 2023 Conference Program front cover, and must also be easily applicable to advertising, brochures, and other applications. If you choose to use community and technical college educators in an illustrated format, our preferences are faculty members in classroom settings. No recognizable students, faculty, administrators, and staff are permitted.
Elements That Must Be Included in the Design
- NISOD’s name and logo (download various formats below)
- “International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence” (Note: “Teaching and Leadership Excellence” should be more prominent than “International Conference on” if using different font sizes.)
- “May 27-May 30, 2023”
- “Austin, Texas”
What NOT to Include
- Do not use images such as armadillos, cacti, longhorns.
- No recognizable images of community and technical college students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- No stock images or clip art, except the NISOD logo.
- No copyrighted work.
- No photos.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations, except the NISOD logo.
- Burnt orange and white are the official colors and the primary palette used by NISOD and The University of Texas at Austin. Although not required, student graphic artists are strongly encouraged to employ the following distinctive burnt orange color in their artwork:
CMYK: 0, 65, 100, 9 | RGB: 191, 87, 0 | HEX: #BF5700
- All submissions must be minimum 8.5″ W x 11″ H and in PDF format.
- If chosen as the winner, your original file must be produced in vector format for ease of duplication (layered Illustrator .eps or .ai file)
Download the NISOD logo in various formats:
Preparing Art for Submission
Reduce to max file size of 60 MB.
How to Enter Your Submission
It is at each member college’s discretion how it determines what artwork is submitted to NISOD for consideration. Interested students are strongly encouraged to contact their NISOD liaison regarding how to participate in this contest. Once your artwork is completed, your college’s NISOD liaison may submit it using the form below or can contact email@example.com or call (512) 471-7545 for additional information.
The Individual Release and Waiver of Rights form should also be submitted with your artwork by your college’s liaison.
Past Student Graphic Design Contest Winners