Students at NISOD member colleges are invited to participate in the Student Graphic Design Contest and design the official Conference Program for NISOD’s 2022 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence, the definitive gathering of community and technical college faculty, administrators, and staff seeking best and promising practices designed to improve student achievement.
It is at each member college’s discretion how it determines what artwork is submitted to NISOD for consideration. Interested students are strongly encouraged to contact their college’s president’s office regarding how to participate in this contest.
The winning student artist will receive:
- $1,000 USD
- The winning artwork will serve as the front cover of the 2022 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence Conference Program.
- Five (5) poster size copies of the winning artwork.
- Unveiling of the winning artwork will take place at the 2021 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence taking place virtually, April 28-30, 2021.
- The winning student’s college receives a complimentary 2021-2022 NISOD membership (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022).
- Contest opens: August 21, 2020
- Submission deadline: March 12, 2021
- Winner notified: March 26, 2021
- Winning artwork unveiled: April 28-30, 2021
Past Student Graphic Design Contest Winners
Suggested Theme and Style Guidelines
We are looking for artwork with interesting, fun, bold, fresh, colorful, original, and modern images, yet which honors the legacy of NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence. Keep in mind that the winning artwork will become the 2022 Conference Program front cover, and must also be easily applicable to advertising, brochures, and other applications. If you choose to use community and technical college educators in an illustrated format, our preferences are faculty members in classroom settings. No recognizable students, faculty, administrators, and staff are permitted.
Elements That Must Be Included in the Design
- NISOD’s name and logo (download various formats below)
- “International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence”
- “May 28-May 31, 2022”
- “Austin, Texas”
What NOT to Include
- No recognizable images of community and technical college students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- No stock images or clip art, except the NISOD logo.
- No copyrighted work.
- No photos.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations, except the NISOD logo.
- Burnt orange and white are the official colors and the primary palette used by NISOD and The University of Texas at Austin. Although not required, student graphic artists are strongly encouraged to employ the following distinctive burnt orange color in their artwork:
CMYK: 0, 65, 100, 9 | RGB: 191, 87, 0 | HEX: #BF5700
Click here for additional information.
- All submissions must be minimum 8.5″ W x 11″ H and in PDF format.
- If chosen as the winner, your original file must be produced in vector format for ease of duplication (layered Illustrator .eps or .ai file)
Download the NISOD logo in various formats:
Preparing Art for Submission
Reduce to max file size of 60 MB.
How to Enter Your Submission
Once your artwork is completed, your college’s NISOD liaison may submit it using the form below or can contact Nicole Novelli at Nicole@nisod.org or (512) 471-7545 for additional information.
The Individual Release and Waiver of Rights form should also be submitted with your artwork by your college’s liaison.