Co-Host a Regional Workshop
NISOD has assembled an outstanding collection of workshops designed specifically for community and technical college educators. Regional Workshops bring together educators from around your area to network, be inspired, and learn best practices from one another.
Would your college like to co-host a Regional Workshop? Ideal host sites are those with several other community and technical colleges within a relatively short driving distance.
In exchange for co-hosting a Regional Workshop, workshop participants from your college receive a deep registration discount!
|Registration Type||Early Registration||Late
|Host College (Member)||$200.00||$250.00|
|Host College (Non-Member)||$350.00||$400.00|
Regional Workshop Schedule
- Although other arrangements can be made, Regional Workshops are typically held on a Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. with a 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. lunch provided by NISOD.
Roles and Responsibilities
- NISOD manages all pre-workshop and onsite registration logistics, including hosting the online registration and other web pages.
- NISOD contracts with the Regional Workshop facilitator and pays and reimburses him or her for travel and other expenses.
- The co-host college and NISOD work together to identify an ideal date for the workshop.
- The co-host college and NISOD work together to select a workshop topic.
- The co-host college provides a meeting room (with desks/tables) large enough to hold 50-100 people. Approximately 50 participants registered by the Early Registration Deadline are required for Regional Workshops to “make.”
- The co-host college provides a projector, screen, Wi-Fi, and wireless microphone and speakers.
- The co-host college assists in promoting the workshop to other institutions in the area.
NISOD has partnered with Credly to provide participants with a verifiable version of their Regional Workshop credential. In addition to receiving a downloadable Certificate of Completion, workshop participants can also receive a digital badge they can share via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, email, as well as embed on their personal website!
Co-Host a Regional Workshop
Provide your college’s faculty, administrators, and staff access to a cost-effective, high-quality, and high-impact learning experience! Please contact Edward Leach at email@example.com or (512) 232-1430 for additional information or to arrange to have a workshop brought to your region.
Spartanburg Community College hosted a NISOD Regional Workshop titled “The Age of Artificial Intelligence and Learning” facilitated by Judith Cardenas. The support from NISOD made it very easy to host the workshop. They assisted with marketing to and registering participants, explained the desired room set up, and even ordered lunch! The workshop itself was terrific; it was definitely a hands-on experience and a great example of the power of active learning. Participants were thoroughly engaged throughout the entire workshop. The information and activities shared led me to consider how we interact with our students and the powerful impact that artificial intelligence processes could have on improving that interaction. I would definitely recommend hosting a NISOD Regional Workshop to any college interested in high-quality professional development opportunities.
I have received several thank you’s from our faculty. I would love to host another Regional Workshop. It’s a great way for me to offer high-quality professional development to our faculty and staff.
Regional Workshops supplement NISOD’s offerings of professional development programs and resources, which culminate with NISOD’s Annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence held every Memorial Day weekend in Austin, Texas. NISOD’s annual conference is noted as the premier convening of community and technical college faculty, administrators, and staff who strive for excellence in leadership, teaching, and learning. For more information about NISOD’s conference or to register, visit www.nisod.org/conference.