About the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD)
NISOD provides budget-friendly, high-quality, and faculty-focused programs and resources for community and technical colleges that want to make the most of their professional development dollars. For over 40 years, NISOD has aligned a wide array of benefits with the needs of our members, which explains why the American Association of Community Colleges named NISOD, “The country’s leading provider of professional development for community college faculty, staff, and administrators.”
Celebrate: NISOD recognizes and acknowledges individual and college-wide successes in enhancing student success.
Collaborate: NISOD works closely with other organizations to provide resources and activities that enhance student success.
Discover: NISOD finds and initiates best and promising practices that enhance student success.
Engage: NISOD participates in, and provides opportunities for its members to participate in, a variety of activities that enhance student success.
Inspire: NISOD encourages its members to participate in a variety of activities that enhance student success.
Inform: NISOD shares a variety of resources that community and technical educators can use to enhance student success.
NISOD is rooted in the research and development activities of the Community College Leadership Program within the College of Education at The University of Texas at Austin, and it is now the department’s primary connection with community and technical faculty, staff, and administrators who support teaching and learning excellence in the field.
Commitment to Teaching Excellence and Student Success
NISOD’s activities and programs are based on the premise that teaching excellence is a result of concerned and focused leadership, increased awareness and use of adult learning principles, exemplary teaching practices and technologies, and a profound commitment to student success. Member colleges who make this commitment to teaching excellence aim to:
- Enrich the learning experience for all students;
- Enhance the standards of excellence throughout the academic community; and
- Recognize, celebrate, and reward outstanding educators and their accomplishments.
Benefits to Promote Teaching Excellence and Student Success
To assist its members fulfill their commitment to teaching excellence, NISOD provides access to the following exceptional benefits:
- NISOD’s Webinar Series, led by community college leaders and experts in the field.
- Innovation Abstracts, NISOD’s flagship teaching and learning strategies publication.
- Deeply discounted registration fees for NISOD’s annual Fall Virtual Conference and the International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence.
- Suanne Davis Roueche Faculty Scholarships that help support faculty attendance at NISOD’s annual conference.
- NISOD’s Excellence Awards Program that recognizes outstanding faculty, staff, and administrators.
- The Scott Wright Student Essay Contest that awards $1,000 to winning students and featured faculty members, staff members, or administrators.
- The Student Graphic Design Contest that awards $1,000 to the student who creates the winning design.
- The Most Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges Award that recognizes exceptional commitment to diversity at NISOD member colleges.
- Outstanding resources exclusively available on the member-only section of NISOD’s website.
Visit www.nisod.org/membership or contact email@example.com for additional information about NISOD member benefits.
Join Our Community of Educators
NISOD members include community and technical colleges and other two-year institutions from across the United States and Canada and from around the world. We’re proud to work with our members to improve teaching, learning, and leadership, with the ultimate goal being to increase student success.