From: Edward J Leach, Executive Director, NISOD
I am delighted to welcome you to NISOD, a consortium of community and technical colleges committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching, learning, and leadership. Below are just a few of the many excellent benefits NISOD-member colleges receive. We hope that you and your colleagues will visit our website often to take advantage of the many outstanding benefits NISOD has to offer.
- Innovation Abstracts, NISOD’s flagship teaching strategies publication, provides an excellent opportunity for community and technical college educators to learn about and share best ideas about programs, projects, and strategies that improve students’ higher education experiences. Educators at NISOD-member colleges receive an email every week with a synopsis of and link to the current issue of Innovation Abstracts, as well as information about upcoming events and deadlines. Let your colleagues know about the great opportunity to author an Innovation Abstracts.
- NISOD’s Webinar Series contains monthly, high-quality, and thought-provoking webinars led by community and technical college leaders and other experts in the field. The webinars are usually announced via the weekly NISODirect email and can also be found on our website.
- The Excellence Awards Program provides member colleges with the opportunity to honor awesome faculty, administrators, and staff for the important work they do on their campuses every day.
- NISOD’s annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence is the definitive gathering of faculty, administrators, and staff seeking to engage in deep conversations about best and promising practices designed to improve student achievement. As a NISOD member, you and your colleagues receive a $100 discount on the regular registration fees.
- Held during NISOD’s annual conference, the College Showcase provides a venue for colleges to promote campus innovation, learn about the best practices of others, meet face-to-face with educators who design and develop special programs that promote student success, and build awareness of the college’s employment opportunities.
- Engage with NISOD on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook to participate in peer-to-peer discussions, receive useful content, and stay abreast of what’s happening with NISOD and community and technical organizations around the world.
- Archives on NISOD’s website include:
Looking for articles on a specific topic? NISOD members can search 30+ years worth of archives of Innovation Abstracts, Celebrations, and Partner Voice.
NISOD Conference Highlights
Watch videos of past keynote presentations and selected special sessions from NISOD’s annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence.
NISOD Excellence Awards Videos
Looking for ways to liven up faculty orientation sessions, welcome-back-to-school events, or special recognition ceremonies? Look no further. NISOD Excellence Awards videos are archived for use by member colleges.
NISOD Webinar Archives
Not able to attend a live webinar event? No problem. NISOD’s webinars are archived for our members to view any time from any Internet-ready computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Repository of NISODcasts
NISODcasts are short conversations that provide a great way to explore expert opinions on diverse topics from the comfort of any Internet-ready computer, tablet, or smartphone.