Seeking Virtual Workshop Facilitators
NISOD is pleased to announce we will soon provide continuing education units (CEUs) for community and technical college educators. Hence, we are seeking talented individuals to facilitate two- and four-hour Virtual Workshops for which NISOD can award CEUs.
- Work closely with NISOD staff to schedule a Virtual Workshop at a day and time that works best for all involved parties.
- Facilitate a Virtual Workshop in a professional manner to maximize engagement and address the stated learning outcomes.
- Use relevant experience and expertise to ensure the Virtual Workshop’s designated topic is covered thoroughly.
- Adhere to NISOD’s policies and processes to ensure the Virtual Workshop’s substance and quality.
- Keep all Virtual Workshop participant information confidential.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge as a subject matter expert for a topic of particular interest to community and technical college educators.
- A passion for helping community and technical college educators grow in their roles.
- A passion for education and enjoy facilitating and presenting to a group.
- The skills, expertise, and engaging presence required to effectively facilitate a NISOD Virtual Workshop.
- A solid plan for audience participation and interaction, relevant and meaningful learning outcomes, and effective assessment questions.
- Experience/comfort delivering instruction using Zoom is a plus.
Why Facilitate a Virtual Workshop?
- Receive a stipend for facilitating a NISOD Virtual Workshop!
- Amazing professional development opportunity.
- Share with and learn from colleagues from across North America and beyond.
- Expand your professional portfolio.
- Be a part of an international conversation about best and promising teaching practices.
How to Apply
The application requires your Virtual Workshop title and description, plan for audience participation and interaction, learning outcomes, assessment questions, and experience and qualifications as a subject matter expert for your chosen topic. NISOD strongly encourages individuals interested in serving as a Virtual Workshop facilitator to apply and learn more here.
Applications to facilitate a NISOD Virtual Workshop are due October 31, 2022.
Approved Virtual Workshops will be scheduled starting with January 2023 and beyond.
Information about NISOD’s currently scheduled Virtual Workshops can be found here.