NISOD’s annual conference is the “must-attend” event for community and technical college educators!
NISOD's International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence is the definitive gathering of community and technical college educators passionate about teaching and learning. For almost 40 years, NISOD’s annual conference has provided faculty, administrators, and staff with the resources, ideas, and solutions that drive excellence in all areas of community and technical college campuses. Come and be inspired by thought-provoking sessions and pre-conference seminars designed specifically for community and technical college educators committed to improving student achievement. With more than 300 sessions in a variety of focus areas and formats presented by your colleagues from across the nation and internationally, you'll walk away with dozens of ideas you can implement immediately!
“I enjoyed attending NISOD’s 2015 conference. NISOD has a history of hosting excellent conferences and this year was no exception. The information was insightful and impactful, and I left with a lot of information that I will use right away at my institution. It was also great meeting educators from around the nation and from around the world. I very much look forward to participating in future NISOD conferences.”
Lilisa J. Williams, Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, Hudson County Community College
Join us in Austin, Texas, May 28-31, 2016!
- NISOD is providing conference participants with two options for a wonderful Saturday evening in San Antonio, Texas!
- The Sunday Evening Excellence Awards Dinner and Celebration during which NISOD honors and celebrates Excellence Award recipients, as well as those individuals closest to them who contributed to their success.
- General sessions featuring inspiring and motivating national speakers.
- Intensive, hands-on preconference workshops facilitated by teaching and learning experts.
- Special sessions facilitated by experts on the important issues facing today's community and technical colleges.
- Exemplary practices and programs explored during breakout sessions, roundtable discussions, and poster sessions.
- An exciting Exhibit Hall featuring NISOD exhibitors and sponsors demonstrating products and services.
- Coffee breaks, refreshment breaks, receptions, and prize drawings that make the Exhibit Hall an exciting, information-rich, and fun-filled place to be.
- Cyber Café, the perfect place for conference participants to take a break, network with colleagues, and check their email.
- NISOD’s College Showcase highlighting best practices in colleges across North America and beyond.
- The Administrator Series featuring upper-level administrators sharing real-world solutions to today’s demanding campus challenges.
- Faculty members at NISOD member colleges who would like to attend our 2016 conference, but do not have the financial means to do so, can apply for a NISOD Conference Scholarship.
What you hear about Austin, Texas is true. Home to more than 250 music venues, fun and inspiring cuisine, the Congress Avenue Bridge Bats, and stunning outdoor settings, the Live Music Capital of the World® lets you create a soundtrack all your own! Watch and listen to the City of Austin's music video with Grammy-winning artists here.
NISOD’s Weekly Digest
The NISOD Papers
The NISOD Papers is an occasional publication dedicated to topics of interest to community and technical college educators.
Connect With Ed Tech
Professional development series connecting adjunct professors and coordinators. A Cengage Learning and NISOD Collaboration.