The call for presentations for NISOD’s 2017 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence
has now closed. (The deadline to submit was January 9, 2017.) Thank you to everyone who has submitted a proposal! We are very pleased by the outstanding range, quality, and volume of proposals we’ve received over the past few months. This means NISOD will again be able to produce an outstanding program involving the high-quality and timely presentations. Submitted proposals will be reviewed and presenters notified by January 20, 2017.
If you have missed the deadline due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances, you may contact Beth Helberg to request consideration of a late submission.
The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) is pleased to announce its Call for Presentations for the 2017 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence. You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for a breakout session or roundtable discussion or a three-hour preconference seminar that addresses important issues facing today’s community and technical colleges.
– Submission deadline.
January 20 – Presenters notified about proposal selections.
February 3 – Presenter agreement forms due back to NISOD.
February 17 – Presenters notified by email when their sessions are scheduled.
April 14 – Deadline to receive the $50 presenter registration discount and to confirm participation.
May 5 – Hotel discount cut-off date.
May 27-30 – 2017 International Conference on Teaching and Learning Excellence.
- Amazing professional development opportunity!
- Collaborate with experts in the field!
- Presenters receive a $50 registration discount.
- Receive recognition for and feedback about your practice or program.
- Expand your professional portfolio.
- Be part of a dynamic community that has made NISOD’s conference the “must-attend” event for close to 40 years.
- Teaching faculty
- Student affairs administrators and staff
- Senior administrators
- Academic affairs administrators and staff
- Institutional research, effectiveness and assessment staff
The deadline to submit proposals is January 9, 2017. All proposals should include the following:
- Engaging program format that involves the audience and stimulates discussion.
- Conceptually strong foundation, well-written, with clearly stated outcomes and appropriately documented theory, research, and/or experience.
- Qualified presenters with expertise/experience in the subject matter.
- Presentations will be reviewed for relevance and purpose to provide a balanced educational program.
- Presenters will be notified about their proposal status via email by January 20. Presenters must register and pay the conference registration fee by April 14, 2017 to confirm participation. Presenters are paid neither honoraria nor expenses.
What you hear about Austin, Texas is true. Home to more than 250 music venues, fun and inspiring cuisine, the Congress Avenue Bridge Bats, and stunning outdoor settings, the Live Music Capital of the World® lets you create a soundtrack all your own! Watch and listen to the City of Austin’s music video with Grammy-winning artists here.