Member Spotlight – Stanly Community College
“NISOD is a preeminent professional development organization in the United States. It is an honor to partner with NISOD to assist Stanly Community College in fulfilling our strategic plan goals.”
– John D. Enamait, President, Stanly Community College
John D. Enamait, President
Member Spotlight Question and Answer
When did Stanly Community College become a NISOD Member?
The college first became a NISOD member in 1996.
Why is Stanly Community College a NISOD Member?
Stanly Community College is dedicated to investing in employee development in order to achieve excellence in supporting student success. NISOD continues to provide valuable professional development resources to help the college’s commitment to continued improvement.
Which NISOD benefits does Stanly Community College use the most and how?
Employees take advantage of the NISODirect weekly e-newsletter to learn about upcoming learning and development opportunities from NISOD. Innovation Abstracts and Webinars have proven to be valuable resources for our community as well. Stanly Community College will have the privilege of hosting a Regional Workshop, “Emotional Intelligence, Student Efficacy, and the Growth Mindset” this year on November 1.
Interesting News Happening at Stanly Community College
- Carolina Impact of WTVI highlighted Stanly Community College’s program in Heavy Equipment Operations. SCC is one of two colleges in North Carolina with this program and the only one with a dedicated on-campus site for students to use the machinery to move earth. See Season 6, Episode 19 through the link.
- Stanly Community College is addressing a growth in Electrical Lineworkers retirement rates by offering an eight-week Electrical Lineworker Training Program that prepares students to work immediately upon graduation.
- Stanly Community College’s Cisco Academy Support Center and Instructor Training Center (ASC/ITC) is the only ASC in North America to earn the 3-Star Premier+ Partner award from Cisco Networking Academy. SCC has provided the Cisco Networking Academy for over twenty years and the program uses an e-learning model that allows service online for advanced information technology training.
- Two Stanly Community College students participated in the SkillsUSA championship in Louisville, Kentucky, winning gold in Mechatronics. They will represent the United States at the WorldSkills Mechatronics Competition in Kazan, Russia in August, 2019.
- Stanly Community College partnered with the University of North Carolina Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute through SCRIPT-NC (Supporting Change and Reform in Preservice Teaching in North Carolina) to better prepare early childhood educators to meet the needs of children in their community.
Every month, NISOD turns the spotlight on the effective ways member colleges use NISOD benefits. These member colleges exemplify NISOD’s mission of improving teaching, learning, and leadership, with the ultimate goal being to increase student success.