The 2017 Conference Scholarship Program has now closed. (The deadline to submit was March 17, 2017.) Thank you to everyone who has submitted! We are very pleased by the outstanding range and quality of applications we’ve received. Information about this year scholarship recipients can be found here
Thanks for your interest in NISOD’s Conference Scholarship Program. Although the economy continues to improve, we understand times are still difficult for some institutions. NISOD is ready to help. If you are a faculty member, or if you know a faculty member, who would like to attend our 2017 conference, but doesn’t have the financial means to do so, please apply or have him or her apply for a NISOD Conference Scholarship.
- March 17, 2017
- March 31, 2017
Scholarship recipients notified
- May 27-30, 2017
Criteria and Terms
- A total of five (5) faculty scholarships will be awarded, and scholarships are limited to only one recipient per college.
- Applicants have secured his or her college president’s permission to apply for a 2017 NISOD Conference Scholarship and to represent the college at NISOD’s 2017 conference.
- If a scholarship recipient is not able to attend for any reason, his or her college is responsible for a no-show fee of $395 to cover associated costs.
- Applicants must not be a previous NISOD conference scholarship recipient.
- Applicants must be faculty members from NISOD-member colleges.
- Applicants must not be currently registered for the 2017 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence.
- NISOD is responsible for covering conference registration fees and hotel room costs.
- NISOD will cover transportation costs, not to exceed $400.
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for their own incidentals, as well as meals not provided as part of the conference.
- Scholarship recipients will also be able to participate in one excursion at no additional cost.
- Specific hotels are not guaranteed. Hotels are assigned by NISOD once scholarships are accepted.
- Scholarship recipients must participate in “A Conversation With the NISOD Staff,” a complimentary invitation-only event during the conference during which candid conversations will take place regarding how NISOD can better serve faculty, staff, and administrators at its member colleges.
Questions about NISOD’s Conference Scholarship Program should be sent to Britney Sauer at Britney@nisod.org or (512) 471-7545.