The 2017 Student Art Contest has now closed. (The deadline to submit was January 27, 2017.) Thank you to everyone who has submitted! We are very pleased by the outstanding range and quality, we’ve received. Submitted artwork will be reviewed and notifications will be sent out on February 6, 2017.
If you have missed the deadline due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances, you may contact Britney Sauer to request consideration of a late submission.
Students at NISOD member colleges are invited to participate in the Student Art Contest and design the official Conference Program for NISOD’s 2018 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence, the definitive gathering of community and technical college faculty, administrators, and staff seeking best and promising practices designed to improve student achievement.
Only one (1) submission per NISOD member college is permitted. It is at each member college’s discretion how it determines which student’s artwork will be submitted to NISOD for consideration. Interested students are strongly encouraged to contact their college’s president’s office regarding how to participate in this contest.
Winning student artist will receive:
- $1,000 USD
- The winning artwork will serve as the front cover of the 2018 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence Conference Program.
- Five (5) poster size copies of the winning artwork.
- Winning student artist recognition and unveiling of the winning artwork will take place at the 2017 International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence (May 27-30, 2017 in Austin, Texas), which includes:
- Up to $400 USD toward travel to Austin, Texas,
- Three (3) nights lodging, and
- One (1) complimentary conference registration.
The winning student’s college will also receive a complimentary membership for the next membership year.
Suggested Theme and Style Guidelines
We are looking for artwork with interesting, fun, bold, fresh, colorful, original, and modern images, yet which honors the legacy of NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence. Keep in mind that the winning artwork will become the 2018 Conference Program front cover, and must also be easily applicable to advertising, brochures, and other applications. If you choose to use community and technical college educators in an illustrated format, our preferences are faculty members in classroom settings. No recognizable students, faculty, administrators, and staff are permitted.
Elements That Must Be Included in the Design
- NISOD’s name and logo (Download various formats below)
- “International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence”
- “May 26-29, 2018”
- “Austin, Texas”
What NOT to Include
- No recognizable images of community and technical college students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- No stock images or clip art, except the NISOD logo.
- No copyrighted work.
- No photos.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations, except the NISOD logo.
- All submissions must be minimum 8.5″ W x 11″ H and minimum 300 dpi resolution.
- Accepted file formats include .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS
- .TIFF (or .TIF) formats should be flattened
- .EPS formats must have all type converted to vector paths (traced or outlined)
- If chosen as the winner, your original file must be produced in vector format for ease of duplication (layered Illustrator .eps or .ai file)
Preparing Art for Submission
Convert to RGB color space and reduce to max file size of 60 MB
- Contest Opens: September 5, 2016
- Contest Closes: January 27, 2017
- Winner notified: February 6, 2017
- Winning artwork unveiled: May 2017
Download the Individual Release and Waiver of Rights form.
Download the NISOD logo in various formats.
How to Enter Your Submission
Once your college’s designated artwork has been chosen, your college’s NISOD liaison may submit using the form below or contact Britney Sauer for additional information.
The 2017 Student Art Contest has now closed. (The deadline to submit was January 27, 2017.)
Spread the Word on Campus
Please distribute this information and the contest flyer to your art and design faculty and advisors, student art and design clubs, or to any other groups on your campus that you feel would be interested in participating.
Reminder: Only one designated submission must be coordinated and submitted by your college’s NISOD liaison. Please contact Britney Sauer with questions.
Download and distribute the contest flyer today!
Past Student Art Contest Winners: